[cs615asa] HW1 grades

Jan Schaumann jschauma at stevens.edu
Thu Feb 2 21:39:16 EST 2023

Hello,

I've just sent out grades for HW1.  If you did not
receive a grade, please let me know ASAP.

Since we covered the assignment in class in detail,
there isn't much to add here.  However, I want to make
note of two things:

1) The due date is not advisory, but fixed.  I have
accepted late submissions with a late penalty this
time, but will not do so in the future.  Please submit
your homework submissions on time going forward.

2) If you run into problems, please ask for help.
Trying to troubleshoot things yourself is valuable,
but there comes a point where it's better to ask for
help than to either spend many hours yourself or to
give up and move on.

The mailing list here and the Slack channel are both
there for you to help each other out, so if you run
into any issues or find something doesn't make sense,
please ask.  Communicating clearly in this fashion is
an important skill in any SysAdmin's tool chest.

To reinforce the lessons from this week, please
consider going through the recommended exercises:
https://stevens.netmeister.org/615/partition-exercise.html
https://stevens.netmeister.org/615/filesystems-exercise.html