[cs631apue] hw2 questions

Jan Schaumann jschauma at stevens.edu
Wed Sep 21 14:02:01 EDT 2011

afonsec1 <afonsec1 at stevens.edu> wrote:

> For the program, can we use system calls? if so, Would you take points
> off?

Of course you can use system calls.  You can use any function calls
provided by the standard C libraries.

> For the extra credit, I'm assuming that system calls should not be used
> for it, right?

Again, you can use whatever functions you like, but the main
functionality should be implemented using the mmap(2)/memcpy(3)
interface.

Or do you perhaps mean something different by "system calls"?

> Do you want us to use a header file or everything could be in the source
> code file?

Your code should include the headers as a regular include directive as
seen in the example programs provided in class.