[cs631apue] hw2 questions

afonsec1 afonsec1 at stevens.edu
Fri Sep 23 00:57:35 EDT 2011

Professor,

1. I do check for invalid file inputs (symbolic links, source file that
doesn't exist, permission rights, null ptr, etc), but do you want error
messages... my code just ignore invalid files or directory.

2. The source file could be a directory? so the content of source
directory is can be copy to another directory?

3. If the destination file already exists, do you want to append or
truncate it?

4. The first argument is always a regular file?

5. For the xtra credit one, I did use mmap and memcpy, but I also used
lseek and write just to expand the destination mmap, is that okay?

6. Are you timing the program's speed?

Thanks,
Armando.