[cs631apue] Question about pipe

Chao Cui ccui1 at stevens.edu
Sun Dec 16 10:36:40 EST 2012

I think the pipe file descriptor with index 1 fd[1] is used for write and
fd[0] is used for read. If you don't close fd[0] in the read side, it will
block. That's why your browser will waiting for response.
Further more, I don't think you need tow pipes. One is enough. You can just
create one pipe in the parent process. Then you can use it to do
communication between parent and child.
See the example in the Book.

Thanks
Chao