[cs631apue] Encryption

Jan Schaumann jschauma at stevens.edu
Fri Nov 23 22:53:34 EST 2012

tparisi <tparisi at stevens.edu> wrote:

> I was wondering if there when I directory was listed, should that be
> encrypted? I ask because the man page says that the contents of any file
> should be encrypted so I wasn't sure if that extended a directory
> listing or not.

One could make a good argument that any listings under a directory that
was requested to be served encrypted should also be encrypted.

However, I'd recommend that you don't focus too much on this extra
credit feature over the next few days, as our discussions in class on
Monday will clarify a lot of things.