[cs631apue] file archive state

yluo4 yluo4 at stevens.edu
Mon Oct 15 15:25:05 EDT 2012

Dear Professor,
   I have a couple of questions. You have said that using strmode to
identify archive state.  When I saw the manual of strmode, I didn't see
the archive state type.  But I saw unknown inode type, so I think the
archive state is identified by this type, is that right?  But archive
state have 1 and 2, how to distinguish them.  By the way, what are exact
archive state 1 and archive state 2? Gould you give me some examples?  I
have another question about '-F'.  I have found that I can use strmode
to identify 'whiteout'. But I don't figure out how to identify pathname
that is executable.
  Thank you!
    Yulong