[cs631apue] TCP HW2

tparisi tparisi at stevens.edu
Tue Sep 11 18:09:29 EDT 2012

Hi Professor,
I had a few questions regarding the TCP program:

1. How descriptive should the error messages be? For instance is it
enough to say "The source file did not open" as an error message when
opening that file or do we have to be more descriptive based on what is
returned?

2. What permissions should we give the destination file if it does not
exist?  I would assume those that are source file have but I want to
double check.

3. What should we do if there is a directory in the in the destination
path that doesn't exist, should we create that or give the user an
error?

4. In the man page that you gave us it said that the usage was "tcp
file1 file2" etc.  Do you want our tcp program to run without having to
write ./tcp or is having the "./" in front acceptable?
Thanks,
Tom