[cs631apue] Midterm Question

tparisi tparisi at stevens.edu
Sat Sep 22 19:22:06 EDT 2012

Hi Professor,

I have a couple of questions.  My first is that when we have to to
write the number of blocks used by the files in the directory when the
"-l" option is used, shouldn't this be the sum of all of the st_blocks
(in stat) because when I use the real ls -l option I do not get that
number.

Also in the "-l" option by pathname, do you mean name of the file
because in the real "ls" it only has the name of the file not the full
path.

Lastly, I was wondering if we could use code from other places to do
the sorting.

Thanks,
Tom