[cs631apue] clang installed on linux-lab

Jan Schaumann jschauma at stevens.edu
Sun Nov 10 23:05:14 EST 2013

Hello,

The IT team has added the clang/llvm compiler chain to
linux-lab.cs.stevens.edu.  This compiler chain is largely compatible
with gcc(1), so hopefully you should not see any different results, but
it might be worth seeing how/if your code compiles with this compiler.

You can then also compare the output executable and see if the different
compilers produce different (faster?) code.

To learn more about clang(1) -- which now is the default compiler on Mac
OS X, by the way -- see http://clang.llvm.org/ and the various
references from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clang as well as, of
course, the manual page.

-Jan

P.S.: I've also requested that the 'pcc' compiler be installed, but the
current installation appears to be incomplete or broken.  I will follow
up with the IT team on that.