[cs631apue] Question about st_size

Tejas Nadkarni tnadkarn at stevens.edu
Mon Oct 7 14:15:31 EDT 2013

I'm trying to use major() and minor() to convert st_dev in stat to the
major and minor for block files. The values I'm getting aren't matching
what the system ls function returns. Is there anything more than just
passing st_dev to the major() and minor() macros then printing it out? The
program compiles and runs fine but I get different values.

Also which files do we need to use major/minor for? block and character?