[cs631apue] missed class

Jan Schaumann jschauma at stevens.edu
Mon Oct 21 19:56:20 EDT 2013

Hello everybody,

My apologies for not making it to class today.  I was stuck on the PATH
for well over an hour due to a switching problem of some sort and did
not make it to Stevens before you had left.  Sorry to have wasted your
evening.

We will be able to make up the missed material in the rest of the
semester, though.  In the mean time, please review the lecture slides of
what we would have covered today in class:
http://www.cs.stevens.edu/~jschauma/631/lecture08.pdf

Besides the "Advanced I/O" lesson (covering chapter 14 in the book), we
also would have covered the details of the HTTP protocol, which we can
include in next week's lecture.  This is relevant because your final
project assignment is to write an HTTP server:
http://www.cs.stevens.edu/~jschauma/631/f13-final-project.html

In order to get started on the final project, the next homework
assignment will be to set up the minimal framework and to get acquainted
with the network code we covered in last week's class:
http://www.cs.stevens.edu/~jschauma/631/f13-hw3.html

Please review these links, run the examples from the lecture notes after
reading through the relevant chapter in the course book, and please ask
any questions here on this list.