[cs631apue] getprogname and setprogname

Nick Smith nsmith1 at stevens.edu
Mon Sep 16 11:52:18 EDT 2013

In the code style guide, there is a note to use getprogname(3) and
setprogname(3) to get/set the name of the executable for compatibility
on some systems. I've tried including this in my code and haven't been
able to include the definitions on my GNU/Linux system or on the linux-lab.

I believe this is a part of stdlib, but may not be implemented on GNU
systems. Has anyone been able to include this definition, or is there
some shim available for systems which do not implement it?

Thanks,
Nick S