[cs631apue] Router problem

Jan Schaumann jschauma at stevens.edu
Mon Nov 3 22:01:28 EST 2014

Chenyi Zhang <czhang42 at stevens.edu> wrote:
> When I am trying to send some message to my friend, It can not be reached
> because of router IP is not your own IP.

I don't think I understand what you're trying to say.

>From a programming perspective, you should be able to just specify the
destination IP address, and if any possible NATting is in place, that
would happen automatically.

It's entirely possible that you have a firewall between the two hosts
you're trying to have talk to each other, which may cause some problems.

I'd recommend developing and testing your code on
linux-lab.cs.stevens.edu, where you can test connections across the
different individual hosts without any firewalls in between.