[cs631apue] large file test and question on cgi-bin test case

sshah83 sshah83 at stevens.edu
Sat Nov 29 19:40:15 EST 2014

I am testing the large file case (where the test/big file which is 5gb
is fetched).

I ran the test shell script and nothing appears on console when the /big
is requested,
it appears as though the program is stuck. However I think it has to do
with console
display, because when I do -

     ./test-sws.sh localhost 10101 >output.test &

then output.test does have data (program stops after copying 900+Mbs)

     sshah83 at rainman:~/git/fourofour$ ls -lh output.test
     -rw-r--r--+ 1 sshah83 student 901M Nov 29 17:48 output.test

that is because I have exceeded my disk quota... (I get Disk quota
exceeded for all file operations now)

How should I test the large file case? can i use /tmp ?

Also for some reason I had to copy contents of
~jschauma/tmp/test/cgi-bin to my home directory to be able to execute
it. It probably has to do with permissions? Please let me know if anyone
else sees same issue.

thanks
Sonal