[cs631apue] midterm project: combination of option l,n,1 in ls

Sadia Akhter sakhter at stevens.edu
Mon Oct 6 15:41:51 EDT 2014

Hi,

In the assignment, it says, "The −1, −l, and −n options override each other; the last one specified determines the format used."  I have implemented it this way. But when I was testing it by comparing with the ls command in Unix, I found that -n overrides -l, -1; and -l overrides only -1. So the standard behavior is different from that what was given in the midterm specification.

Is the deviation from the standard intentional? So which one should we implement?

Thanks,
Sadia