[cs631apue] Second level sorting with -c, -S, -u

sshah83 sshah83 at stevens.edu
Fri Oct 17 11:23:16 EDT 2014

Specification has mentioned about second level of sorting for -t flag
only ( Sort by time modified (most recently modified first) before
sorting the operands by lexicographical order) and nothing about -c, -u
and -S flags.

So if I do not do second level of sorting for -c, -S and -u  and compare
my ls and Linux ls results for ls -c, ls -u and ls -S commands. It
differs when 2 files have same status time/ access time/ size.

Do we have to do 2nd level of sorting for other sorting types too?

-Sonal