[cs631apue] whiteout files

Sadia Akhter sakhter at stevens.edu
Sun Sep 28 21:53:41 EDT 2014

Hi,

I have been reading the midterm project specification (ls) and looking at different file types that we need to handle in our program. The specification requires us to handle whiteout files. I googled it and found that "S_IFWHT" is defined in sys/stat.h of BSD systems and could be used to check whether a file is whiteout file or not. But I did not find this when I looked up the man page of "stat" in the linux lab machines. So it turns out that I cannot use it in my program as it is not defined. Does anyone one know any other way to check whether a file is a whiteout file?

Thanks,
Sadia