[cs631apue] how to check the file extension

bzhang41 bzhang41 at stevens.edu
Tue Nov 8 10:45:26 EST 2016

Dear Prof.

Last class I asked you about how to check the file extension for the
"Content-Type" header, and you suggested a library function which will
return the file extension. But I accidentally delete my class note when
I try "1>mynote" on the terminal, I wanted to try "1>>mynote".
So I lost my notes and forgot what that function is, can you tell me
again ?
I googled quite a while, but I cannot find the function you tole me.

Thanks
Bo