[cs631apue] Final Project Areas For Improvement

Patrick Murray pmurray1 at stevens.edu
Mon Nov 21 15:38:08 EST 2016

Good afternoon all,

I'm finalizing the grades for assignment three and will be emailing groups
shortly with feedback.

Below I've outlined several areas for improvement on the final submission:

- Ensure that your Makefile compiles on both the Linux Lab and NetBSD.
- Double check that the appropriate HTTP response status codes are sent to
  clients.
- Close client connections once the server's response message has been sent.
- Test support for concurrent connections to verify that idle connections do
  not block incoming requests from being handled.

Minor notes:

- The HTTP protocol is is case-insensitive - for the most part (i.e.
exception [0]).
- For the final submission, please be sure to submit your group's Git
history
  log.

As always, feel free to contact myself or Professor Schaumann if you have
any
questions regarding your group's assignment.

I'll be available over the Thanksgiving break to respond to emails and the
mailing list.

Best regards,
Pat

[0] https://trac.ietf.org/trac/httpbis/ticket/1