[cs631apue] Marlon-HW#1

mseaton mseaton at stevens.edu
Sat Sep 3 12:54:25 EDT 2016

Hello Professor Schaumann,

Is there a way to fetch my source files (at least the important ones for
your upcoming assignments) from my directory called:
home/marlon/Desktop/CS631 to my Linux lab account at Stevens?

Here's why I am asking. I have been using gedit which is a GUI editor
which Ubuntu provides. I am already beginning to see that in the
Linux-lab domain, no GUI exist which means that I will have to use emacs
or some other text-based editor. I have used vi years ago. I used emacs
to write the hello world program that was asked of me after I ran the
script you requested. emacs seems easier to use than vi.

if there is no easy way to do what I am asking, then it would probably
be a nice exercise in learning emacs to simply type over these source
files from scratch which I have no problem doing if that would be best.

Thanks for your time.
Have a great weekend.
Marlon