[cs631apue] Overrides an option

mseaton mseaton at stevens.edu
Fri Sep 30 19:57:56 EDT 2016

Hello,
Does anyone understand the meaning of an option that overrides another?
For example, the -h option overrides the -k option.

I also want to make sure that I am interpreting this correctly:

"If more than one operand is given, non-directory operands are displayed
first;" Does this mean that any of the options listed in the man page
must appear before a directory name?

"directory and non-directory operands are sorted separately and in
lexicographical order." Not sure of the meaning of this statement.

Thanks.
Marlon