[cs631apue] crysh: yacc & lex

Patrick Grasso pgrasso at stevens.edu
Sun Dec 17 18:15:22 EST 2017

Hey all,

This is more of a question for the professor, as it is a clarification
rather than a troubleshooting question.

Although I'm doubtful that it will be permitted (given the strict "must be
written in plain C" requirement), I was wondering if the use of yacc & lex
would be permitted for the parsing portion of the crysh assignment. This
would not only significantly enhance the cleanliness and correcness of my
code, but would also fall in line with how other Unix shells are
implemented. Granted, it may be a bit overkill for the simplistic
functionality required for by assignment, but it would be nice to learn how
to use these tools in conjunction with plain C.

Best regards,
Patrick Grasso