[cs631apue] SunOS Compilation

Jason Ajmo jajmo at stevens.edu
Thu Nov 9 22:44:43 EST 2017

Can we indicate in our README that gmake must be used on the SunOS box, or
must make(1) be used? It's tough to write a makefile that will work for
both SunOS and NetBSD for a few reasons, namely the fact that SunOS
requires includes and libraries that NetBSD doesn't. Furthermore, SunOS
doesn't support the same conditionals (.if, .elif, etc) that NetBSD does,
making it nearly impossible to create one makefile that works for both.

Other suggestions would be appreciated as well.
--
Jason Ajmo
Stevens Institute of Technology