[cs631apue] Questions about the website and slides

Jason Ajmo jajmo at stevens.edu
Tue Sep 5 17:12:43 EDT 2017

I can't speak to the 403, but for a function like exec(3), the 3 means that
it's in section 3 of the manpages. So for a function that exists in
multiple sections, you can type `man 3 exec` to get the proper
implementation. You can find more information about the manpage sections
here: http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man7/man-pages.7.html, or type `man 7
man-pages`

On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 4:57 PM Zhitao Chen <zchen69 at stevens.edu> wrote:

> Dear Professor Schaumann,
>
> I have some questions:
>
> 1. Today when I want to access the website
> http://www.cs.stevens.edu/~jschauma/631A, it showed me 403 Forbidden, but
> I can assess before. Am I miss something forget to do which you told in the
> class?
>
> 2. I notice that in slide, there is a bracket behind a function,
> like exec(3), fork(2), etc, what is that mean?
>
> Sincerely.

Jason Ajmo
Stevens Institute of Technology
B.S. Cybersecurity '17