[cs631apue] Marlon-Environment Variables

Jan Schaumann jschauma at stevens.edu
Thu Sep 28 11:35:26 EDT 2017

mseaton <mseaton at stevens.edu> wrote:

> I have a question regarding setting environment variables. I am working
> of the ls -s option and the blocksize I am getting for each file and
> also the total blocksize differs from what the system ls -s is giving.
> Why is that?

Please provide more details.  In general, when trying to describe your
problem, it's a good idea to follow this formula:

1) I am currently doing X.
2) I am seeing behaviour Y.
3) I expected behaviour Z (because I know that ABC).

For each point, include actual details, including example command-output
and code snippets.