[cs631apue] lecture notes and HW2

Jan Schaumann jschauma at stevens.edu
Mon Oct 22 22:22:28 EDT 2018

All,

I've just posted the lecture notes for tonight's class:
https://stevens.netmeister.org/631/lecture08.pdf

I had intended to have the second "homework" assignment be completed in
class, but since we didn't have enough time, let's do it as a
time-limited homework:

Review the slides and code examples.
Then complete this assignment within an hour +- 10 minutes or so:
https://stevens.netmeister.org/631/f18-hw2.html
https://stevens.netmeister.org/631/command.pdf

The goal here is not to completely and 100% finish the assignment, but
for me to see how you write code within a strict time limit.  Please do
not spend more time than allotted and submit even incomplete work.

Please do not cut corners and write your code following the coding style
and requirements as usual.  The point of the exercise is for you to
practice writing clean code from the get go, instead of writing code
once and attempting to clean it up later on.