[cs631apue] questions for our last class

Elliot Wasem ewasem at stevens.edu
Mon Dec 2 15:20:17 EST 2019

Hey Jan,

I suppose you won't be covering questions in class anymore, but here goes anyway.
When a child process creates its own session, it becomes its own session leader, disconnects from parent terminal, and becomes ownership of... the user owning the initial parent process? init? Additionally, can the parent then listen for the child to exit using waitpid() still?
Elliot Wasem
https://elliotwasem.xyz