[cs631apue] grades

Jan Schaumann jschauma at stevens.edu
Wed Dec 18 12:52:37 EST 2019

All,

I have just sent out grades for the final assignment
as well as for the course notes.

The group assignment as well as the final individual
assignment both showed a distinct improvement in your
overall code quality.  Well done.

The simple shell you had to write was implemented very
well by some of you, left with much to desire by
others.  Either way, I hope that you learned a bit
more about how a shell works and may now consider what
other features common shells implement and how you
might extend your simple shell to add such features
as:

- command-line history
- full job control including 'bg', and 'fg' commands
- argument quoting
- shell globbing via e.g. '*'
- subshells, process substitution, aliases and
  functions
- parameter and tilde expansion

etc. etc.

This concludes the semester.  I will submit letter
grades based on the points you have and as outlined on
the course website to the registrar later today.

Happy holidays and  best of luck in your future
career, academic or otherwise.