[cs631apue] about the line folding feature in head fields

Rui Li rli36 at stevens.edu
Fri Nov 29 17:31:15 EST 2019

Hello professor,

I noticed that header fields has the following requirement :

Each header field consists
  of a name followed immediately by a colon (":"), a single space (SP)
   character, and the field value. Field names are case-insensitive.
   Header fields can be extended over multiple lines by preceding each
   extra line with at least one SP or HT, though this is not
   recommended.

Do we need to support the line folding feature although it is not recommended?
And I saw the line folding feature is deprecated in rfc7230:

Historically, HTTP header field values could be extended over multiple lines by preceding each extra line with at least one space or horizontal tab (obs-fold). This specification deprecates such line folding except within the message/http media type (Section 8.3.1). A sender MUST NOT generate a message that includes line folding (i.e., that has any field-value that contains a match to the obs-fold rule) unless the message is intended for packaging within the message/http media type.

Best regards.
Ray Li.

Rui(Ray) Li
Stevens ID:10441775