[cs631apue] About the notes on GITHUB

Jan Schaumann jschauma at stevens.edu
Mon Oct 21 13:20:18 EDT 2019

Siddharth Choudhary <schoud2 at stevens.edu> wrote:

> As I was discussing with my friends, they mentioned that there might be a
> problem with the way I am pushing notes on the GIT. So I just wanted to confirm
> that the way I am creating notes is, by scanning the handwritten notes on
> git. Would that be fine?

First, let's distinguish between 'git' (the revision
control system and tool) and 'Github' (a company
providing an internet-hosted, free, revision control
service using 'git').  As noted previously, they are
distinct and independent.

This class does not require or recommend the use of
Github at all.  It does require the use of 'git',
however.

For your notes, you should follow the instructions
provided at
https://stevens.netmeister.org/631/git.html.

Scanning hand-written notes is not quite what I'm
looking for.  Instead, I'd suggest that you transcribe
your hand-written notes into a text file and commit
that.

Note also that I'm not looking for you to commit
whatever notes you are taking during class, but
rather answers to the questions noted at
https://stevens.netmeister.org/631/course-notes.html.