[cs631apue] next class

Jan Schaumann jschauma at stevens.edu
Mon Oct 12 16:13:02 EDT 2020

Hello,

As noted on Slack, I won't be able to make our
scheduled time for class tomorrow.  I see that several
some of you are not able to make the proposed time on
Wednesday, and so I don't think it's fair to
schedule a meeting for that time.

However, since our time is primarily for you to
resolve any outstanding questions, I'm going to repeat
again that we do not need to meet synchronously for
this to happen: please ask here on the mailing list or
in Slack.

This includes questions about your homework, the
midterm, or any of the class videos.

Being able to describe whatever issues you encounter
or whatever concepts are not clear is actually an
important skill that students often need to hone as
well - and sometimes you will find that merely trying
to describe your problem leads you to a better
understanding (search the term "rubber duck
debugging").

So please do send along your questions!

We'll meet again synchronously on the 19th, where I'll
be looking for a volunteer to present their finished
midterm project.