[Fast] Rutgers FSA Dance Competition

Eleanor Fulgencio efulgenc at stevens.edu
Thu Jan 24 12:33:33 EST 2008

Hey FAST!

There's a dance competition at Rutgers coming up in March for any 1 male AND
1 female dancer from

each school's Filipino organization.  Anyone interested can email
<mailto:fast at stevens.edu> fast at stevens.edu.

Registration deadline is FEBRUARY 15th.  if you're in, you know FAST will be
there to support you!

---------------------------

Greetings from Rutgers FSA,

On behalf of myself and my eboard, I would like to wish everyone a good

start to the New Year.  As we all get ready for the long stretch that

is the spring semester, FSA would like to invite you and your club to
another

big event.

Coming off the successful Miss Philippines Pageant, the Filipino

Students Association of Rutgers University-Newark proudly presents

*R U   I N I T ?*

*Dance Competition*

FSA's first ever dance competition!

The event will be held on Saturday, March 7th, 2008 at the Paul Robeson

Campus Center in Rutgers-Newark.

The premise of this event will be different, in that it will feature *

couples* from different *Filipino clubs/organizations* all over the D3

andNew York/New Jersey metro area.

Each group will send *1 Male* and *1 Female* participant to represent

their school and their Filipino organization.

The dancing couple will participate in the following categories:

1.  *Classic Ballroom*

     (Ex: Waltz, Foxtrot, Viennese Waltz, Tango, Quickstep) 2.  *Latin
Ballroom*

     (Ex: Cha Cha, Samba, Rumba, Paso Doble, Jive, Mambo, Salsa, Merengue)

3.  *Freestyle**

     (Ex: Hip-Hop, Breakdance, Popping & Locking, Jazz, Ballet, Tap,
Interpretive, Cultural, Contemporary, etc.)

*Freestyle could be ANY type of dance.

Time limits for each dance are TBD.

Please submit the name of your two (2) contestants with the following

information by *FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 15TH* :

(1) Name

(2) Email

(3) Phone Number

(4) Bio (It could be a combined bio *OR* two separate bios; Separatebios =

200 words max *each */ Combined bio = 350 words max)

(5) Headshots

     - 1 headshot from each person

     - (Optional) Couple pic

If you have any questions or inquiries, don't hesitate to reply back to

us at this email or to me at teves87 at yahoo.com

Thank you all for your time and enjoy your spring semester.

Sincerely,

Joshua Teves

RU FSA President