[FAST] FW: Volunteer Opportunity - SHPE Jr. Conference

Gwenn Flores gflores at stevens.edu
Wed Apr 4 18:41:14 EDT 2012

From: fast-bounces at lists.stevens.edu [mailto:fast-bounces at lists.stevens.edu]
On Behalf Of Shirley Hurtado
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2012 11:37 AM
To: ESC Stevens; nsbe at stevens.edu; laa at stevens.edu; apo at stevens.edu;
lul at stevens.edu; fast at stevens.edu; bsu at stevens.edu
Cc: shpe at stevens.edu; Tom Cruz
Subject: [FAST eboard] Volunteer Opportunity - SHPE Jr. Conference

Hello Campus Orgs!

My name is Shirley Hurtado; I am the Internal Relations Officer for the
Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers. I would really appreciate it if
you could share this volunteer opportunity with your members:

As you may or may not know, the SHPE Jr. Conference: Engineering Runs In Our
Blood is coming up on April 20th and April 21st. For those of you that don't
know what this event is, the SHPE Jr. conference is an event that takes
place every year in which high school students spend the day at Stevens for
a "mini-conference". Attached you'll find the tentative schedule.

I know some of you need volunteer hours, and I know some of you just like to
volunteer, well, here's your opportunity! I need at least 20 volunteers!
Below is the link to volunteer to be a host for 2 high school students, or
spend some of day with them (check your availability with the attached
schedule).

Your responsibilities include:

.  hosting 2 high school students in your room to spend the night (they will
have sleeping bags and can sleep on the floor), they will also have food
vouchers to eat at pierce.

.  if you are free on Friday, please indicate it; I need Stevens students
who are available during the day as well so that the high school kids can
follow you to class for two hours, and so that they can make it to pierce
during the scheduled times. (if you can only house student's that's fine
too).

.  Make sure they stay out of trouble while in your care

.  Be a mentor, answer any questions they may have

.  Have FUN!

Depending service hours will be awarded for your help :) This conference
will only be successful if I have somewhere to house these kids, so make a
difference in a kid's future!

Please copy the link below and fill in the required information. After
inputting the information, just close the link, don't press save or
anything. If you have any questions, email me, Shirley, at
<mailto:shurtabedo at gmail.com> shurtabedo at gmail.com.

<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj9f2oXBbTjgdDVLUF9BMTdqYVAzYU
hPSUwzVUVQYWc>
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj9f2oXBbTjgdDVLUF9BMTdqYVAzYUh
PSUwzVUVQYWc

Thanks,

Shirley Hurtado

Internal Relations Officer '10 - '12

Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers
STEP Programming Board '10 - '11
Stevens Institute of Technology

Engineering Management '13

 <mailto:shurtabedo at gmail.com> shurtabedo at gmail.com

973-907-4353

 "Mathematics is the language in which God has written the universe." -
Galileo