[FAST] "Give A Bit Initiative" - Please Help Out !

Jaymie Basilio jbasilio at stevens.edu
Tue Nov 19 13:05:23 EST 2013

From: fast-bounces at lists.stevens.edu [mailto:fast-bounces at lists.stevens.edu]
On Behalf Of Cianyl Pogata
Sent: Monday, November 18, 2013 4:29 PM
To: fast at stevens.edu
Subject: [FAST eboard] [FAST] "Give A Bit Initiative" - Please Help Out !

Hi FAST,

I'm helping a friend out. Can you please forward this to your general body?

I will be on campus on Wednesday, November 20th and it would be great if I
got some donations by then. If anyone has any donations and would like to
contact me - please text my cell phone (201) 328-2494 and I will grab them
from wherever you are and give you a big hug :D.

The "Give A Bit Initiative" is encouraging all different groups and
organizations who have already begun to gather donations to come together
and send much needed supplies to the Philippines as soon as possible.
Maersk Line Shipping Company, has generously donated a 40ft standard
container to be shipped to the Philippines this Nov. 26th. Everyone is
encouraged to donate whatever they can, but here is a list of most needed
items.

Please consider donating the following items:

- Non-perishable food:  canned/bottled goods (easy open top), rice grain,
energy bars

- Bottled water/juice/milk/formula milk

- Flashlights; batteries; can openers; candles & matches

- packing tape; cargo 'balikbayan' boxes; manual can openers

- Medicines:  for fever, for diarrhea; antibiotics; alcohol swabs;
disinfectants; first aid kits

- Toiletries:  toothbrush, toothpaste, antibacterial soap, anti-dandruff
shampoo

- Linens:  towels, sheets, blankets

- Mosquito nets; sleeping bags; banig/mats

- Gently used clothing & footwear for tropical climate

- Laundry detergent/soap; large heavy duty garbage bags (like 30 gal)

The goal is to fill the 40ft container donated to St Vincent de Paul in
Bayonne (SVdP).

This will be shipped directly (free of charge) to the victims thru the
Caritas Filipinas Foundation/ National Secretariat for Social Action (NASSA)
of the Catholic Bishop's Conference of the Philippines (CBCP).

--

Cianyl Mae Pogata

Associate Engineer, ESD

Project Execution | Specialized Projects

The Linde Group | GBU Tonnage

575 Mountain Ave, Murray Hill, NJ 07974

Office: +1 908 771 1667 | Personal Cell: +1 201 328 2494

Work Cell: +1 908 723 8436

Work Email: cianyl.pogata at linde.com

Personal Email: cpogata at gmail.com