[FAST] Duckhacks Hackathon/ Recruitment Oppurtunity with JP Morgan

Emily Kim ekim3 at stevens.edu
Thu Mar 22 11:17:07 EDT 2018

Hi everyone,

Coming this Saturday is Battle of the Barrios! If you haven't gotten your
tickets already, you can find the form in the Facebook event here
<https://www.facebook.com/events/324454864742139/>

If you're not going to Battle, you can attend this years Duckhacks
Hackathon. Here's a message from the Hackathon Committee:

" On March 24th, the Stevens Hackathon Committee, Duckhacks, will be
holding our annual hackathon along with workshops by our sponsors. We are
supported by the Stevens Software Engineering Department to help spread the
importance of code to all students! We wanted to share this opportunity
with you to pass on to your members. Our sponsors this year are JP Morgan
Chase, Google, and Classlink. JP Morgan will be in attendance the day of
the hackathon to actively recruit.

We would like to note that people of all majors can compete. Hackathons are
aimed at solving problems and presenting solutions, not necessary coding.
The hackathon also involves workshops throughout the competition to help
guide and teach competitors new skills and encourage creativity. Because of
the companies recruiting we highly encourage the following majors to
compete: Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering,
Software Engineer, Business & Technology, Quantitative Finance, and all
related majors. But in all, no experience is needed.

We, at the Hackathon Committee, would greatly appreciate it if you could
pass this on to your students. We see this as a wonderful opportunity for
Stevens students to not only get recruited but also show their hard work
during the competition.

Duckhacks: Hackathon 2018
Babbio Center
Saturday March 24th 1:00pm - Sunday March 25th 4:00pm

Please feel free to reach out me Zin Tun at ztun at stevens.edu, if you have
any questions."

--
*Emily Kim*