[genderstudies] Fwd: [glbmath] FW: GLBT receptions in San Diego

Cgrilo cgrilo at stevens.edu
Sat Dec 8 15:56:57 EST 2012

Begin forwarded message:

*From:* "MacLean, Mark" <macleanm at seattleu.edu>
*Date:* December 7, 2012 3:20:16 PM EST
*To:* GLB Math Listserv <glbmath at lists.qrd.org>
*Subject:* *[glbmath] FW: GLBT receptions in San Diego*

Hi all.  I hope you can make it to our annual receptions for GLBT
mathematicians at the Joint Meetings in San Diego.

Our on-site reception (organized by Chris Goff) will take place on
Thursday, January 10th, from 6:00-8:00pm in the Delmar Room on the 3rd
floor of the Marriott Hotel.  This reception is affiliated with NOGLSTP,
the National Organization of Gay and Lesbian
Scientists and Technical Professionals.  There will be a cash bar and
plenty of free food.

We're trying something different this year with the off-site reception.
 Usually it's held the first night of the conference, but we decided to
have it on the third night this year so that we could advertise at
Thursday's on-site reception.  In the past, some people at the on-site
reception have said they'd have loved to come to our off-site event, but
they just didn't know about it.

Our off-site reception will take place on Friday, January 11th from
5:30-7:30pm at Flicks, 1017 University Ave (near the intersection of
University and 10th in the Hillcrest neighborhood). It's not a large bar,
so you should have no trouble finding us inside.  One may get to the bar by
cab (approx. 3 miles from convention center), or take the #11 bus
(Destination:  SDSU) from 1st Ave. and G St (bus travels north on 1st Ave)
to the intersection of University and 10th.  The bus leaves every fifteen
minutes and the ride takes a mere 23 minutes.  Please see
http://transit.511sd.com<http://transit.511sd.com/> for more details about
public transportation.  The cost is $2.25.  Buses will be leaving 1st and G
at 4:57pm, 5:12pm, 5:27pm, 5:42pm, and 5:57pm.

This bar is in the heart of Hillcrest, the gayborhood, and there are plenty
of restaurants and other bars nearby to patronize after our reception.

I hope to see you in San Diego!

Mark MacLean

P.S.  I'm now the moderator for this glbmath listserv, and unfortunately it
doesn't automatically alert me when there are new messages in the inbox.  I
usually remember to check it once a week, but if you're posting something
to the list and want it to go out right away, please send me an email to
encourage me to check it promptly.