[Habitat] IMPORTANT: HABITAT SPRING BREAK LOCATION CHANGE

Christine Topacio ctopacio at stevens.edu
Thu Jan 5 14:49:18 EST 2006

Hey everyone,

Hope everyone is enjoying the break!

Unfortunately, our affiliate in Tallahassee, FL will be unable to host us
this spring break.  Better news, however, is that we will now be working
with:

Bayou Area HFH, Thibodaux, LA

We will be working about 30 miles from New Orleans, so we'll be helping out
Hurricane Katrina victims rebuild.

ONE MAJOR CHANGE: THERE ARE ONLY 20 SPOTS FOR THIS TRIP.  That means we only
have 3 or 4 remaining spots.  If you have not yet made your deposit, please
do so asap by to reserve your place.  Deposits may be brought to Jacinda
Felix in the Student Life Office.  We can also charge this deposit to your
student account if you so wish.

Fundraising is an integral part of our trip.  All attendees are expected to
help out.  Your individual final cost for the trip will vary depending on
your level of participation during fundraising.  With this is mind, here are
some other reminders:

-          We will be giving you guys letters to hand out to local
businesses to raise funds, as well as an "assigned block" so we make sure we
cover all areas.

-          The Laptop Raffle will begin as soon as we get back from break.
We will be asking everyone to help sell tickets, whether it be on your own
or by table sitting.  Our goal is $5000.  More details to follow.

Looking forward to another great Spring Break,

Christine