[KnittingClub] [Knitting Club] Our Next Meeting & E-Board Noms!

clara luneke claraluneke at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 01:04:27 EST 2010

Hi knitters!
Because next week was Thanksgiving Break

Our next meeting will be *Tuesday, November 30th *and its gonna be a big
one!

Two important things to know about the Nov 30th Meeting:

*We're having our Finale Event for our Charity Scarves project!*
-This is your last chance to turn in any knit squares you have and receive
your tickets for the raffle!  We have two great *Prize Baskets* for our
lucky winners, so make sure you get your tickets!
-We'll also be handing out our knitting club totes (if you remember the ones
we ordered last year) so come pick one up (while supplies last)
-There will be *food!*

We're electing our new E-board!
We need to pick a new President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer for
next semester!
-If you're interested you can nominate yourself or a friend anytime between
now and the Nov 30th meeting by e-mailing the name and desired position to
our Secretary Amy Sedlak (asedlak at stevens.edu) or in person on the 30th.
-At the next meeting we will vote via paper ballot for the new e-board.

So you can be a little more informed, here's a list of the current e-board
members and a description of the available positions:
President: Clara Luneke
Secretary: Amy Sedlak
Assistant to the Secretary: Kaite Roussey
Treasurer: Andrew Sales

Section B. The Role of the President.
The role of the President shall mainly be to lead general body meetings. The
President shall also be able to create committees as they see fit. The
President
shall also be in charge of publicity, along with the Vice President.

Section C. The Role of the Vice-President.
role of the Vice-President shall be to fill in for any absent Executive
Board
member at meetings and assist the President. The Vice-President shall also
be in
charge of promoting the club on campus and organizing special functions. The
Vice-President can appoint people to help them with promotion, publicity and
special tasks as they and the President see fit.

Section D. The Role of the Secretary.
The Secretary shall take minutes at every meeting. If the Secretary and the
Vice-President are absent, someone must be appointed by the President to
take
minutes. The Secretary shall also take attendance at meetings and keep a
record
of attendance for past meetings. The Secretary will also be in charge of
keeping
inventory of available supplies and lending out supplies. The Secretary will
be
held responsible for any supplies they choose to lend out. The Secretary can
appoint an Assistant Secretary of Supplies to help with inventorying,
ordering and
organization of supplies.

Section E. The Role of the Treasurer.
The Treasurer shall be in charge of tracking funds for the organization and
submitting funding requests to the Student Government Association whenever
necessary. Any requests for funding must be in writing and signed by the
Treasurer, then approved by a majority vote.

-- Clara Luneke

Mechanical Engineering Undergraduate
Mailbox: S-1382
Stevens Institute of Technology