[MassSpecGroup] Grad Research

Athula Attygalle Athula.Attygalle at stevens.edu
Tue Sep 7 10:25:26 EDT 2010

See below.  All grad students of Attygalle group must send an abstract.
 First send it to me for correction.

=======================================
Dear Faculty of the School of Engineering & Science,

Just a kind reminder that the deadline for submitting abstracts for
participation in the Graduate Student Research Conference is due
Monday, September 20th.  All participants submitting abstracts by the
above deadline will be able to cite their work with an ISBN number
attached to the abstract booklet.  Abstracts are requested for both
poster presentations as well as invited talks.

Further information:

Poster Session - Since it is common for students to present posters
from conferences they previously attended, we do not have specific
requirements for the poster size or number of posters that can be
presented. We do ask that an abstract is submitted for each poster.

Invited Talks - Each department will choose one graduate student to
present a 15 minute powerpoint presentation highlighting their research
project. Since the audience will consist of various disciplines, we ask
for the talk to be geared toward a more general audience. After the
talk, we will allow 5-10 minutes for questions from the audience.

Submissions from the following departments are still needed:

Physics & Engineering Physics

Mathematical Sciences

Chemical Engineering Material Science

Civil, Environmental & Ocean Engineering

Electrical & Computer Engineering

Mechanical Engineering

Computer Science

Chemistry, Chemical Biology & Biomedical

Keynote Address - This year, we have a very relevant keynote topic,
Climate change and Sustainability, by Professor Hans-Peter Plag from
University of Nevada.

We look forward to seeing you and your exciting research at the
conference.

Best Regards,
Jie Xu

Prof. Athula Attygalle