[MSA] A new Stevens MSA student

Asmaa Alqudah alqudahasmaa at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 27 15:52:58 EDT 2012

Dear Sir,
Asslamualikom. I am Asma Alqudah from Jordan. I've been admitted to the PhD program in Electrical Engineering at Stevens for the Spring 2013 term. I am married and i intend to bring my 8 months baby with me. I have some concerns regarding my study and life in Hoboken. My questions are as follows:

1. I want to know about the security and safety for me as a female in Hoboken, NJ.
2.  Regarding the housing, I wonder whether there is a housing for graduate students on campus or not, and if yes, How much does it cost?
If there is no housing on campus, I wonder if there are some exceptions since I am international and i seek safety and comfort which are better guaranteed on campus.

3. In case there is no housing on campus for graduate students, what are the alternatives and the costs?
4. what are the approximate costs of living including housing -per month-  ?
5. Do i need a car necessarily?

Looking forward to joining the Stevens MSA soon

Best Regards,
Asma