[MSA] Salaam All

MSA msa at stevens.edu
Tue Feb 21 15:38:35 EST 2012

Salaam Everybody!

Inshallah as promised here are the notes that were discussed last MSA
meeting on what and how to get started.

Everyone is more than welcomed to comment and add their own input to the notes.

There is a GENERAL BODY MEETING tomorrow at Babbio Center room 304
from 4pm to 5pm. HOWEVER IT MAY BE VERY LIKELY TO BE RESCHEDULED TO
THE FOLLOWING WEEK 2/29/11

Inshaallah there will be FREE FOOD! (YAY!!!)

Priority #1: If you can, please bring atleast 1-2 more people for the
MSA meeting.

Short Term Goals:
                   Biweekly meeting- Next meeting is on Feb 22.
                                     General Meeting schedule:
-Introduction
                                                               -Talk
about how to procede to complete short and long term goals
                                                               -Give
Halaqa (Sarjil will start this week and we all pick a topic about
Islam and lead a discussion
                                                                that
relates to Muslim college students)
                                                               -Fun:
Order food, play Taboo/Mafia.

                   Texting Group- We'll have a texting group so we can
keep in touch and talk about anything about MSA.

                   Ducksync/Email- A group for MSA will be uploaded on
Ducksync (like a facebook), it will be run like a facebook group where
we can talk about
                             discussions/issues/upcoming events. Also,
we'll update the email list this Jummah.

                   Local Churches- A local church (a block away from
Stevens) was offering to let us rent out their basement for Jummah.
This way we can have both
                                   brothers and sisters come to Jummah.

                   Kebab Event- Date: Mid March(after Spring Break)
                               - Event: Grill kebab's at Sheiffer's
lawn (weather permitting) or serve inside Howe Center.
                               - Objectives: Give pamphlet on Islam,
maybe have misconceptions and ideology, while serving free kebabs.

                   Multicultural Event- Date: TBA
                                      - Event: Team up with Indian,
Malaysian, and Saudi club and have each bring food.
                                      - Objectives: Talk about Islam
in different cultures around the world.

Long Term Goals:
                  Website- We need to have a running website, looking
for people that are interested.

                  Creativity- T-shirt designs, also looking for anyone
that's interested.
                            - Accessories: Wristband, necklace,
anything that represents MSA.

                  ICNA- Date: (Late April, Connecticut)
                      - Event: 2 day conference that has amazing
speakers and fun activities. Plan on renting a bus for transportation
and staying at hotel.
                      - Objective: to have our members enjoy and learn
about Islam.

Insh'Allah, if we keep our intentions for the sake of Allah, we will
be successful in completing this list. Any suggestions/ comments/
complaints can be brought up at the next meeting (22th) or texted on
the group when that is created.