[Redshift] Status of the Magazine

Frank Riccobono friccobo at stevens.edu
Sun Dec 16 03:56:20 EST 2007

Dear everybody,

Thank you for a wonderful semester!  From our contributers to our
editing staff, everyone gave spectacular work to Red Shift this semester
and I'm already making plans for next semester that include joining our
techie side with our artsy side to develop into a tight knit creative
community.  But before we make plans about next semester, I know you're
all curious about where this semester's magazine is.

There was a miscommunication between us and the printer we're using.
They requested we upload a verision of the magazine that had margins
their machine could print out on but that message got lost through the
channels of communication.  Our faculty advisor, Erin Selby of Student
Life, has been wonderful in helping us straighten this snag out.  By the
end of the day the new version of the magazine should be sent to them
and depending on postage things the magazine could possibly be on campus
by next week.

I wanted everyone to have the magazine ready for you to bring home for
Christmas, but unfortunatley you're going to have to tell grandma to
wait until spring semester starts.  But let me say that the magazine
looks beautiful and really accents all the wonderful art and writing
pieces we received.  We were able to include many more pieces than we
were last year and the variety and quality of work is something I'm very
very proud of.

We're going to start off the spring semester running.  The e-board and I
have some great ideas that we'll start working out as soon as everyone
finishes finals.  In the meantime, feel free to e-mail us with questions
or suggestions.  Also, I'd like us to start using the forums on our
website ( www.stevens.edu/redshift <http://www.stevens.edu/redshift>) so
communication doesn't consist soely of us sending all of your e-mails.

Enjoy your holidays, everyone, and don't forget to rest up your muses
for the new year!

~Reg