[Redshift] Shifting Into Gear

Frank Riccobono friccobo at stevens.edu
Tue Sep 18 02:45:31 EDT 2007

Greetings Members of Red Shift,

On Monday, we your newly re-elected E-Board, held our first meeting
regarding the upcoming edition of Red Shift.  Many things were discussed
which will be brought up at our next meeting.  Which brings me to my
first real point: there will be a general body meeting on *Monday,
September 24th*.  The meeting is scheduled to start at 8:32 PM (Red
Shift traditionally tries to pick unique starting times for all of its
events).  If you have evening classes, or choir, or anything else like
that preventing you from coming that early, please don't worry about
it.  The purpose of starting the meeting before 9:00 PM is to allow
those that have other RSO commitments to come say hello and hear what we
have to say before going elsewhere.  You will in no way be penalized or
chastised for arriving at 9:00.  However, if you are going to be late
for the 9:00 start time and you would like to make sure the meeting does
not end before you show up, please email us with your explanation and we
will see what we can do.

Second order of business:  the time has come once again, to choose our
Editorial Board.  Aside from simply pooling submissions, Red Shift needs
your help inputting together the magazine.  Last semester we had three
editors (one for art, one for prose, and one for poetry).  This year we
would like to expand the editing process so that mounds of work aren't
being piled upon only three people.  If you would like to become
involved in the editing process in some way, please contact us.  We can
definitely use your skills.  Likewise, this will be the first issue of
Red Shift to print business ads. Don't worry we'll find a way to include
them unobtrusively, but we need the ad revenue to help cover printing
costs.  This means we are looking for a Publicity representative who
will try to sell ads to various businesses.  If you think you would make
a good ad salesperson, please contact us.  Finally, we have also started
discussions about bringing some uniformity to the design of Red Shift.
If you have an artistic eye or any experience with magazine layout, we
can definitely use your help.  Once again, if you're interested, please
contact us.

I believe that's all for now.  There will be more announcements at next
Monday's meeting.  Oh, there is one more thing.  I don't think this
necessarily has to be said, but we are officially open for submission.
Please email all submissions to redshift at stevens.edu.  If your
submission is not in a digital medium, please contact us at that same
address and we will try to arrange something.

This time I really think that is everything.  I hope you have a pleasant
week.  See you on Monday.

--
Frank Riccobono
Secretary, Red Shift

p.s. You can contact us by replying to this email.  This listserv is
configured so that all replies go directly to the E-Board.