[Redshift] RedShift Update

Kyle Yandell jyandell at stevens.edu
Wed May 21 20:58:01 EDT 2008

Hello all!

By now, I am sure that many of you are wondering just why your copy of
RedShift isn't in your hands.

The good news?  I have an answer for you.

The bad news?  It's not a good one.

The magazines have been printed for, say, 5 weeks now.  They look great, and
I'm personally very proud of this semester's publication.

Tragically, however, they are being held hostage until the publisher's
demands for payment are met.

To make a long story short, although the hard-working RedShift staff
produced a quality product within publishing specifications, and provided it
to the printers well in time to make it out by the end of finals (or at the
very least, graduation), the magazine will not be available until (at best,
most optimistic guess) sometime this June.

This is due primarily to some confusion and misinformation about the
transfer of payment from our Stevens financiers to the publishing company.
Though I was told several weeks ago that the check had already been cut and
was awaiting clearance, the publishing company has STILL not received
payment.

RedShift is working with Stevens and the publishers to resolve this matter
as quickly as possible.

Additionally, this semester's publication featured numerous submissions from
students expected to graduate this coming Thursday.  On behalf of RedShift
and its members, I would like to congratulate these individuals, and thank
them for their contribution to RedShift and the Stevens community during
their time as a student.

In light of the fact that these individuals will not be available to pick up
their magazine upon its release, I would like to offer to mail a copy to any
specified address within the continental United States, free of charge.
Graduating seniors may reply (not 'reply all') to this email with a valid
mailing address.

Further, RedShift will begin to make this issue and past issues available
online (at http://stevens.edu/redshift   and at
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2218141172 ) in PDF format shortly
after the release of the Spring 2008 issue.

Also, the deadline for the fall semester issue has been (tentatively) set to
October 13, 2008.

Keep in mind however, that this date will approach (very) quickly.

RedShift will, as always, be accepting submissions AT ANY TIME for the next
issue.

Please send your original works to redshift at stevens.edu for consideration
for the fall publication.

Feel free to contact me with any questions, comments or concerns you might
have.

Best Regards,

Kyle Yandell

Editor-in-Chief