[Redshift] RedShift Event

Katelyn Sapio ksapio2 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 22:53:08 EDT 2010

  Hey Guys!

RedShift would like to invite all past and future magazine contributors
to our welcome back event this *Wednesday, September 29th* in *Babbio
319 at* *9:00pm*.  Come by and chat, flip through some magazines, and
enjoy some* free snacks*!

Also, in addition to the current eboard positions, RedShift has created
a few minor positions to get more people involved with the magazine.
The title descriptions are listed as follows:

_Head of Distribution_ - This student will be in charge of distributing
the magazines around campus.  It will be their responsibility to ensure
that the distribution boxes around campus (residence halls, academic
buildings, etc.) are kept full for the students to take.

_Head of Layout_ - This student will be responsible for producing the
layout design for the magazine.  They must either be familiar with the
program InDesign or willing to take the time to become familiar with
this program.

_Head Artistic Editor_ - This student will be in charge of organizing
the visual submissions to the magazine and leading the visual editing
sessions.

_Head Writing Editor_ - This student will be in charge of organizing the
written submissions to the magazines and leading the sessions for
editing these submissions.

_Webmaster_ - This student will be responsible for updating the RedShift
website on a regular basis.  (A warning:  the website has not been
updated in quite some time and could probably use some work.)

_Head of Publicity_ - This student will be responsible for all
advertising of events and deadlines for RedShift.  This includes
submitting and distributing posters, newsletter announcements, and any
other forms of advertising that RedShift may require.

We will be accepting nominations for these positions throughout this
week.  If you would like to nominate yourself or someone you know, send
your nomination to redshift at stevens.edu <mailto:redshift at stevens.edu>.
Nominations will be closed at the start of next weeks meeting (Monday,
October 4th at 8:00pm in the large Jacobus conference room) and the
positions will be voted on at this time.

Even if you are not interested in having an official position with
RedShift, as always, you are more than welcome to come to the meetings
and be involved in the publication of the magazine.  Seeing as we are a
rather small organization, we are always looking for more students who
are interested in the arts and would like to be a part of RedShift.

Hope to see you guys soon!
Katelyn Sapio
Editor in Chief