[Redshift] Top Headlines in Higher Education

LinkedIn Today news at linkedin.com
Mon Oct 17 05:04:10 EDT 2011

The week's most popular news: Higher Education
--------------------
Higher Education

            Pearson and Google Jump Into Learning Management With a New, Free System - chronicle.com
              (281 shares)
One of the world’s biggest education publishers has joined with one of the most dominant and iconic software companies on the planet to bring colleges a new—and free—learning-management system with the hopes of upending...
http://www.linkedin.com/e/-vcb4fc-gtv8mh9c-30/nab/839312372/0QczwSczkOd3wId3oTdzoQd3gUb3wVej4VcjgQe2MQcPkSdzwNcPwIczsPcz4PejcU/true/weekly/eml-tod-b-ttle-68/?hs=false&tok=1olgXFg_wwpAY1
            The 10 Worst Mistakes of First-Time Job Hunters - fins.com
              (329 shares)
If you're in your final year of college, be warned: the rumors about landing a job in this economy are true. You should be taking steps today, not next semester, to prepare yourself.
http://www.linkedin.com/e/-vcb4fc-gtv8mh9c-30/nab/831866534/0QczwSczkOd3wId3oTdzoQd3gUb3wVej4VcjgQe2MQcPkSdzwNcPwIczsPcz4PejcU/true/weekly/eml-tod-b-ttle-68/?hs=false&tok=2uPqrOTVYwpAY1
            Here Are The Four Charts That Explain What The Protesters Are Angry About... - businessinsider.com
              (1209 shares)
The charts explain what the Wall Street protesters are angry about. They also explain why the protesters' message is resonating with the country at large. 1. Unemployment is at the highest level since the Great Depression (with...
http://www.linkedin.com/e/-vcb4fc-gtv8mh9c-30/nab/844191998/0QczwSczkOd3wId3oTdzoQd3gUb3wVej4VcjgQe2MQcPkSdzwNcPwIczsPcz4PejcU/true/weekly/eml-tod-b-ttle-68/?hs=false&tok=1pQUZ1Gv4wpAY1
            What Happened to Downtime? The Extinction of Deep Thinking and Sacred Space - fastcompany.com
              (870 shares)
Interruption-free space is sacred. Yet, in the digital era we live in, we are losing hold of the few sacred spaces that remain untouched by email, the Internet, people, and other forms of distraction. Our cars now have mobile...
http://www.linkedin.com/e/-vcb4fc-gtv8mh9c-30/nab/844466764/0QczwSczkOd3wId3oTdzoQd3gUb3wVej4VcjgQe2MQcPkSdzwNcPwIczsPcz4PejcU/true/weekly/eml-tod-b-ttle-68/?hs=false&tok=1DhWazc8QwpAY1
            The Must-Have Leadership Skill - blogs.hbr.org
              (1500 shares)
"We hired a new CEO, but had to let him go after just seven months," the chairman of an East Coast think tank complained to me recently. "His resume looked spectacular, he did splendidly in all the interviews. But within a week or two we were hearing...
http://www.linkedin.com/e/-vcb4fc-gtv8mh9c-30/nab/842526824/0QczwSczkOd3wId3oTdzoQd3gUb3wVej4VcjgQe2MQcPkSdzwNcPwIczsPcz4PejcU/true/weekly/eml-tod-b-ttle-68/?hs=false&tok=2E_IANJdIwpAY1

Better. Faster. The New LinkedIn Mobile App for iPhone and Android.
iPhone: http://www.linkedin.com/e/-vcb4fc-gtv8mh9c-30/plh/http%3A%2F%2Fitunes%2Eapple%2Ecom%2Fus%2Fapp%2Flinkedin%2Fid288429040%3Fmt%3D8%26uo%3D4/OzzK/eml-today-f-1-apl/?hs=false&tok=0Wf2-7EQEwpAY1
Android: http://www.linkedin.com/e/-vcb4fc-gtv8mh9c-30/plh/https%3A%2F%2Fmarket%2Eandroid%2Ecom%2Fdetails%3Fid%3Dcom%2Elinkedin%2Eandroid/EKeb/eml-today-f-2-ggl/?hs=false&tok=1RTkxh1W4wpAY1