[SESCON] Fwd: Research Day and ISSA Conferences

Marko Zivkovic shoraz at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 10:53:50 EST 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Marko Zivkovic <shoraz at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 10:52 AM
Subject: Research Day and ISSA Conferences
To: Christos.Christodoulatos at stevens.edu

Dear professor Christodoulatos,
      I am writing to You on behalf of the School of Engineering and Science
Conference Organization Committee.

      Dean Bruno brought to our attention that this year You are organizing
"Research Day" - a conference aimed to present recent research work done at
Stevens. I am not sure if you are aware, but for few years now there has
been a conference with similar goals - ISSA Graduate Student Conference.
This conference has been organized by graduate student organizations from
former ISSA School of Science and Arts and its target audience were mostly
graduate students. It was a chance for graduate students at Stevens to
display their research to other members of the Stevens community. Since ISSA
is now merged with the School of Engineering, this year we are trying
organize a school-wide conference that would allow all science and
engineering graduate students in the school to present their research.

     As you might see, our two conferences have many common goals and we
would like a chance to talk to You about them. Please let as know if and
when would be best suited for You to see us. We have general organizing
meetings every Wednesday at 11 am in Burchard, room 514.

Respectfully,
      Marko Zivkovic
president of Stevens Society of Graduate Physics Students