[Sgdc] SGDC Game Dev Boot Camp! Hoo-rah!

Zack Freedman zfreedma at stevens.edu
Mon Sep 28 19:49:15 EDT 2009

*Have you ever wanted to flick on your Xbox and play a game that you
designed and developed?*  I'll bet there's only one thing standing in your
way - programming is HARD! If only there were some sort of exciting lecture
series that started with the basics of coding before gradually introducing
you to the concepts of game development and finished off with a real
collaborative game-development project...

*Well, I'd like to introduce the SGDC Game Development Boot Camp!* This
exciting lecture series starts you out with the basics of coding before
gradually introducing you to the concepts of game development, and finishes
off with a real collaborative game-development project!

This weekly student-led class will teach you how to develop games in XNA and
play them on PC and Xbox! We start from zero and learn the basics of C#,
then get into the basics of game engines. We'll segue into collision
detection, AI, game states, and more. Finally, we'll all *produce a
full-fledged minigame* and stitch them together into a WarioWare-like
ADHD-fest.

*ABSOLUTELY NO PROGRAMMING EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED.* IF YOU HAVE NEVER WROTE
A LINE OF CODE IN YOUR LIFE, YOU'RE PERFECT. All you need is a laptop and an
Xbox 360 controller (you won't need the controller until the second
lecture).
*
SGDC Boot Camp is totally free and meets every Wednesday at 7:00 in EA
Stevens 306. Our first meeting is Wednesday, 10/7!*

--
Zack Freedman
Stevens Business/Technology Junior