[Sgdc] Mini LD

dkatz at stevens.edu dkatz at stevens.edu
Fri Nov 4 00:11:09 EDT 2011

Hey guys,

This weekend is the November Mini-Ludum Dare competition! For those uninformed, the Mini-LD is an indie game development competition in which people get together and work for an entire weekend to build a game start-to-finish. Several of our members will be participating (and possibly collaborating).

Consequently, the SGDC room in Burchard 127 will be open (hopefully) all weekend for those interested, so feel free to stop by at any time and hang out, program, help out, play-test, or just socialize with those involved! There will hopefully be some food and drinks around too, and any donations (soda, chips, pizza, etc) will be more than welcome by participants.

The Ludum Dare competitions are fun and a great way to get your name out there in the game-dev community, but more than anything they're a fantastic learning experience; if you have the time this weekend, I'd definitely recommend participating or at least checking in to see what's going on. I myself plan to be stopping in from time to time to say hi, see what's going on, and maybe help out coding where I can ;).

I hope to see you guys around this weekend...Happy coding/drawing/general-game-making!

---Dan