[SGDC] First Meeting

Kevin Quigley kquigley at stevens.edu
Tue Aug 25 15:37:21 EDT 2015

Hello SGDC,
Firstly, I hope you have all enjoyed your summer and are ready to come back
and get to work. I know I'm very excited for this new semester for many
reasons, including our new members, structure, website, dev computers, etc.
I foresee a very fun semester in SGDC's future, as long as our members
continue to contribute as they have in the past. With this, our first
meeting will be *Tuesday* *September 1st, 2015 at 9 pm in Lieb 318* and
will include:

   - Discussion of the semester layout
   - Selecting teaching volunteers and curriculum writing
   - Game dev news (of which there has been a lot this summer)
   - Website forms (which Jason has worked hard on and will go over in
   detail)
   - Dev PC organization
   - New Secretary Alex Massenzio having IDs thrown at him instead of Adam
   or I (haha :p)

This semester is going to be a lot of fun and the e-board has been very
active this summer putting together some cool new projects and events for
the club and we are excited to finally start putting some of them into
action. A summary email will be sent out after the meeting, but if you
cannot attend this meeting and have a lot of experience in any game
development area (whether it's an engine, an art tool, or a skill), please
reach out to me so I can discuss your possible role during our early
meetings separately. See you all soon!

-Kevin Quigley
SGDC President